1) The past has no power over the present moment.
2) Boredom, anger, sadness, or fear are not ‘yours,’ not personal. They are conditions of the human mind. They come and go. Nothing that comes and goes is you.
3) Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.
4) The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but your thoughts about it.
5) To know yourself as the Being underneath the thinker, the stillness underneath the mental noise, the love and joy underneath the pain, is freedom, salvation, enlightenment.
6) Always say “yes” to the present moment. What could be more futile, more insane, than to create inner resistance to what already is? what could be more insane than to oppose life itself, which is now and always now? Surrender to what is. Say “yes” to life — and see how life suddenly starts working for you rather than against you.
7) Being spiritual has nothing to do with what you believe and everything to do with your state of consciousness.
8) The only thing you ever have is now.
9) Accept – then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it.
10) You do not become good by trying to be good, but by finding the goodness that is already within you, and allowing that goodness to emerge. But it can only emerge if something fundamental changes in your state of consciousness.
11) As soon as you honour the present moment, all unhappiness and struggle dissolve, and life begins to flow with joy and ease. When you act out the present-moment awareness, whatever you do becomes imbued with a sense of quality, care, and love – even the most simple action.
12) The moment that judgement stops through acceptance of what it is, you are free of the mind. You have made room for love, for joy, for peace.
13) Love is a state of Being. Your love is not outside; it is deep within you. You can never lose it, and it cannot leave you. It is not dependent on some other body, some external form.
14) When you don’t cover up the world with words and labels, a sense of the miraculous returns to your life that was lost a long time ago when humanity, instead of using thought, became possessed by thought.
15) What a liberation to realize that the ‘voice in my head’ is not who I am. ‘Who am I, then?’ The one who sees that.